Welcome to UNH Physics Department web pages! We have tried to collect on this page some of this information that is probably most important to you as you decide on your major and your school
Why come to the UNH Physics Department?
- We are a small department of about 20 faculty, 60 undergraduates and 40 graduate students.
- Being a small department, your upper division courses (second year and beyond) will typically have 20 or fewer students.
- There are many opportunities for undergraduates to do research at UNH. Students have begun research as early as their freshman year here.
- We offer interdisciplinary options in material science, chemical physics, and astronomy.
- We offer an innovative first year course that teaches calculus and physics together. In this class, many of the activities involve group work and hands-on work.
- We have an active chapter of the Society of Physics Students which does service activities and enrichment activities.
For more information or to plan a visit,
please contact any one of the following people:
- Prospective Student Information
- Academic Information
- Society of Physics Students
- Extracurricular Activities
- After Graduation
- Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Getting Involved
- Public Sessions
- Private Sessions
- New England Fall Astronomy Festival (NEFAF)
- Educational Resources
- Image Archive
- About Us